All click here to see more info couples need to apply for marriage license Centralhower lease agreement refinedwest side news noteswoodridge students welcomed back with new Prom Dresses recess gamesspringfield schools considering partnership for trailwoodridge loses tough battle to manchestertrekking through autumn underway in medina countyhighland boys golf team off to strong start under secondyear coachwest side scoreboardteam unity strong for young manchester boys soccer playersmanchester girls volleyball coach hoping to boost overall gamemanchester football team continues winning streaksouth side scoreboardgreater akron your wedding might be big or small, at home or at a resort, but one thing is certain:You need to get a marriage license.States have varying requirements and fees, so do your research before making the trip to the courthouse.In ohio, marriage licenses are administered by the probate court in each county.And while there are some online features today, such as downloadable forms in summit county, it is still necessary for the soontobewed couple to appear at court for the license together.If you plan to marry in the state of ohio, you must get an ohio license.The license is good for a period of 60 days.If it expires before you wed, you must reapply and get a new license.To apply, a couple must fill out the ohio license application in the county in which one or both of them live.The wedding can take place anywhere in the state, however.But if you are living out of state and wish to marry in ohio, the license must be obtained in the county in which the wedding will be held.Applicants should be prepared to provide photo identification when going to get a license.The couple also will be required to fill out an application that asks for names, current addresses, social security numbers, birthdates and parents names.In both summit and medina counties, the license is issued immediately.If you were previously married, the application will ask about that marriage and how it ended.If the applicant is divorced, he or she must provide information about the divorce, such as the case number and county where it was granted.Ohio allows males who are 18 or older and females who are 16 or older who are no closer of kin than second cousins to apply for a license.All applicants under 18 must have a letter from their minister or a marriage counselor stating they have received marriage counseling.Also, couples in which the male is younger than 18 or the female younger than 16 must have the consent of the appropriate juvenile court to marry.A bridetobe who is 16 or 17 also must have the permission of her parents or guardians to wed.To get a marriage license in summit county, go to the summit county court house, 209 s.High st.In downtown akron.The cost for a license is $40 and is payable in cash or by ohio check.To noon on saturdays.The application form can be downloaded from the web site and filled out before going to court.If you are planning a wedding at a resort in another country, licensing can get a little more complicated.If you are using the services of a wedding planner who is in that country or a staff member at the resort, he or she can help navigate the red tape.Otherwise, allow extra time to plan ahead so you can fulfill that destination requirements.Check visitors bureau web sites to find out what you need to do.If your destination wedding is within the united states, getting a license is Cheap Bridesmaid Dresses easier.In las vegas and orlando, for instance, licenses are available upon application.To get specifics, contact the county government office where the wedding will take place.